Friday, May 28, 2010

about what I do...

Finally I find time to write a new post! These past weeks have been very interesting and filled with great information and new people. I have a few pending topics to write about but to write them I first need to write this post about my workplace.

I work at the Venezuela sin Límites Foundation in Caracas. We are a Non-Profit Organization that connects those who want to help with those who know who to help and how to do it. We make possible the connection between NGOs and Foundations who need funds, volunteers, materials and knowledge, and the enterprises that can help and support them.

We do pretty cool things and I love that we’re always in the look for new technologies that will allow us to do our work more efficiently. For instance, our Social Maps. This is a great tool that will be constantly growing and widening its reach to make all these people committed with the social development of their countries visible for everyone in the whole world. The coolest thing is that we do all this and have FUN. We play charades, go to events and concerts and have super parties like this one yesterday:



My job here at the Venezuela sin Límites Foundation is really awesome and I love it. I’m the “Content Producer”, I’m not sure what this means but I love it because I get to make Powe Point presentations (I love them), learn new things every day, be creative and use Photoshop a lot (I’m an amateur but I love it and I will continue learning) and, mostly, I manage the Foundation’s Social Media (our Twitter and Facebook mainly) and website (this is where the position’s name comes from since I have to “produce” the “content” I publish through these media). This means that I’m in constant contact with other people through the web, exchanging information and helping them by promoting their work throughout our network. Personally, this is an enriching experience because I hate monotonous work and through Social Media I never see the same things twice! It is absolutely wonderful and motivates me every day.

I know this doesn’t seem like much, but I really feel my work makes a difference and that’s the most important thing to me. I get to help people who work really hard to fix things in our society to spread their word. I feel that with my work more and more people will know these amazing organizations and get involved. At least that’s what I aim for.

2 comments:

  1. Vero, I'm so glad to work with you, and believe me, you have a talent for do this job. Do not stop and never change :)

    Let's change the world together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NELLAAAAAA :D thank you! I'm so glad yo work with you too!!!! I'll keep bothering you everyday to teach me new stuff in Dreamweaver :p thank you for writing!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete